eX-detainees at RISE: Refugees Survivors and eX-detainees are looking for volunteers to join our Solidarity Volunteer Group to work on eX-detainee-led campaigns.
You will need to commit 4-6 hours each week with flexible availability and should be able to commit to this role for at least 6-12 months.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Under the guidance of the RISE eX-detainee directors and Campaign Coordinator:
- Assist in developing campaign strategies, messaging, outreach and implementation of RISE?s campaign strategies and associated action plans.
- Maintain partnerships and regular communication with the RISE Campaign Coordinator.
- Draft op-eds, action planning, briefing memos, statements, testimony, and other materials to disseminate.
- Engage with RISE?s eX-detainee expert advocates and communicate accordingly
- Help prepare for campaigns and plan meetings with RISE?s Campaign Coordinator.
- Research various publications
- Publish and edit high-quality content
- Plan and execute campaigns to build grassroots support for the eX-detainees? self-determination and their rights priorities ie; centering eX-detainee voices and their massages.
- Develop advocacy tools, including fact sheets, talking points, public education materials, and position letters and policy briefs.
- Participate in meetings and activities.
- Provide logistical support for campaigns initiatives across departments.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Ability to commit to this role for at least 6 -12 months
- Ability to commit 4-6 hours to this role weekly
- Ability to attend weekly meetings in person in Melbourne CBD
- Ability to take initiative and also work as part of a team
- Ability to take responsibility and completion of all assigned tasks
- Must declare all other commitments to avoid conflict of interests
- Great organisational skills
- Proficient writing skills and good communication skills in general
- Ability to commit to occasional short-notice meetings
If you are interested in this role, please send a one-page cover letter, outlining your suitability for this role, along with your CV to RISE Campaign Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th of Oct 2019.